Friday, April 24, 2009
Late Night Visitor
Guess who just turned up on my door step!

I wanted to touch him. But all I could do was say that I think he needed to sort things out at home first.
I had an inkling about who it would be when I heard the knock on the door. Most people know better than to just turn up at my place, especially before a certain time.
"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked. I could feel my heart in my chest- he was giving me indigestion! I nodded and followed him outside so that we could talk without Eirene listening in. And because the house is a bit of a mess.
"I suppose Metis has told you how I feel about you." he said.
"Of course." I replied. (Oh! For a voice recorder!) He decided that it was about time that he told me how he felt. He's 'drawn' to me and really wants to get to know me. He's been getting headaches because he's been stressing about how to do it. How after Thursday and Friday he spends the rest of the week thinking about me, a lot.
"I really like you."
"I don't know why." I responded.
"Because you're nice and, uh, easy on the eye."
"I don't know what to say."
"I don't expect you to say anything. I just wanted to tell you."
We needed to talk about his family. If he intended on staying with Lamiai. We discussed what their problems were (she takes 75% of the money he earns so if he wants something he has to ask her; she wants things that he can't give her, like money to renovate the house or buy a bigger house; how if she hadn't gotten pregnant so quickly they wouldn't still be together; if they try to talk she mocks him;).
I said that I really didn't know what to say, he had to try and have a talk with Lamiai.
We bitched a little about her friends, because that's also a problem. The gossiping and the innuendo. At some point he reiterated how he really wanted to get to know me but he couldn't because if he spoke to any of us, even innocently, it would get back to Lamiai (another problem, he can't really be friends with who he wants to be friends with)

(...shit... he's on the phone right now)

We finished the conversation by reiterating everything that we just said, mostly with him saying how he really wants to get to know me.
I wanted him to touch me. I know he's not my type, but that doesn't mean that it isn't all flattering and amusing and I just want someone to touch me.
That phone call. Metis innocently suggested that he come out with us tomorrow. He wants to come out with us tomorrow- he's gotten permission.
Nothing is going to happen between us, so is there any harm in a couple of friends going out together?
I wonder what he meant by "there's another problem" when I mentioned that I didn't have much to talk about. Now I am being paranoid.
Oh well, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Lamiai. Must keep her in mind.