Sunday, April 26, 2009
Deal Breakers and Preferences
In an effort to take my mind off my insanity I have decided to try and outline what I would like in a guy. I don't have any specifics in mind- I will give pretty much everyone a chance, at least to begin with. If I knew exactly what I wanted in a man then I would be able to go out and find him. I know it when I meet him. But like everyone I have my deal breakers and preferences. Deal breakers, in no particular order, would be;

1. Drugs.
2. Physical violence.
3. Emotional abuse.
4. Isms, or any sort.
5. Misogynistic.

Preferences, again in no order, are, better written not in point form. Examples of things that I liked or disliked from previous encounters.
1. Intelligence. One of the things, no the thing, that I find unappealing about Hippolytus is that he isn't exceptionally intelligent. He isn't an idiot by any means, could actually probably be a lot smarter than he seems if he got some confidence. But I'm smart. When I'm not letting my brain get the better of me, which unfortunately is a lot, and when the synapses are firing properly (I swear I have a broken connection in there somewhere), I'm rather intelligent. I don't need someone with a genius level IQ but someone close to me would be nice. (I suppose a reader would come under this heading, though that doesn't actually denote intelligence).
2. Someone I'm attracted to. This isn't a hard one to fill. While I think Jason O'Mara and Brandon Flowers are the epitome of good looks, I find a lot attractive. I can't say with any certainty that I like them tall or short, fat or thing, blonde or brunette. I like anyone from Gerard Way (as a blonde) to Gary Dourdan. Character has a lot to do with good looks.
3. Someone I can talk to easily. When I think of this I think of Atlas. That first day that we met we were sitting there for hours talking. It came so easily. I hadn't a clue about how much time had passed until some idiot make a stupid comment about how long we had been sitting there ignoring the rest of the world. I don't even know what we talked about but it came so easily. Not just that first day either. I want that.
4. Sexual compatibility. That's kind of a given though, and a necessity, isn't it. What's compatible with me? Adventurous but also romantic. Someone that understands that there are times when I just can't get enough and other times when the idea is psychologically repulsive. This is a whole other thing. I have to say, Eros, the first guy I had sex with, really set a high precedent. I got lucky that way.
5. Space. Anyone that I become involved with will have to realize that there will be days when I just don't want to be near them. While I am highly affectionate most of the times there would be days when I can't stand to be touched.
6. Someone who will tell me that I am the most beautiful woman in the world and will tell me that while we're having sex I am the only person that they are thinking about. If I ask, 'is she prettier than me' he'll say, 'no', even if he doesn't think it. And he'll say it with sincerity.

Labels: