Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Can You Say Phew!
Can you say, phew!
Hippolytus called before. He and Lamiai have been talking, but from the sound of it he hasn't really said exactly what he's been thinking, and he's agreed not to leave. I've suggested, rather emphatically, that they go see a councillor.
They've been together for 8 years, they can't just give up on it. If he really is as miserable as he says he is, and if she really does put him down in front of other people like Metis says she does, then they probably should split. But for the moment (and selfishly for myself) its best if they give it another shot.
The only thing that I feel good about in this whole mess, other than the compliments he doles out to me constantly, is that Metis says he's a completely different person. For the first time since she's known him, years, he seems more confident. Happier. That's why rejecting him would have felt so bad.
I do hope it works out for them.
Now I've got to go get me a date with someone more my type.

Labels: