Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Brief Moments of Arrogance
My plans were already undecided when I saw him standing across the road- Mr. TD. For a moment I realized why Hippolytus fancied me. It's all about physical attraction (that's where I lose the connection with Hippolytus, I don't understand what he sees in my resemblance to a koala), perhaps even chemistry. I don't know a thing about Mr. TD other than I wouldn't mind him pressing those full lips against mine.
I was trying to decide whether to take up residence in a friend's back yard, window shop or go to the library for an hour when his presence added another element to my indecision. If he was catching the bus then perhaps I should go to my friend's place, giving me a chance to perhaps work up the nerve to actually say something to him... sort of like Hippolytus did with me (though I think that perhaps that has more to do with finally being caught out, and considering my rejection of him its probably not the scenario that I most want to emulate).
One clarifying thought passed through my swiss cheese brain- "What are the chances that he's attracted to you too! Step out of it woman, face reality."
Though for the briefest of moments I knew that I could feel his eyes on me. Though was he was looking at me with bemusement (there was an incident a few months ago with Metis that would have left no doubt in MR. TD's mind that I fancied him) or was that blissful moment of arrogance where I was certain that he wanted to talk to me too really possible.
At least I allow myself those moments now, no matter how fleeting they are.

Labels: